6/27/13

comparison shopping

I stayed home yesterday with plans of going to an evening work event in the suburbs, but getting 6 inches of rain dumped on us cancelled those plans.  So I had even more time than I expected to spend at Iron Cycles.

One, I noticed a busted spoke on the rush hour so I wanted to get it swapped out soon anyway.  Two, hopefully anyone can get that done day of so it gave me some time to talk road bikes while it was on the repair stand.

BTW I don't think the spoke broke last week when I was mildly doored.  I think it happened later in the week when I heard a "sproing" noise hitting the crappy pavement at the North Ave beach parking lot.  Could be related, but it's a minor issue on a wheel that already got re-shaped once, so I didn't stress about it too much.

B/c there's plenty of stress already going into testing some bikes.  Big props to Iron Cycles for actually being able to talk to me about what I was looking for and what they had, I'll probably be back in the shop soon for a test ride.  But I'm already starting to worry about how this is all going to fit into our budget.  And having finally had one moderately successful stop, it's time to try a few more shops and see what's out there.  The whole thing is giving me anxiety.

Current beer-scale: 8.7

No comments: