2/7/11

So don’t tell the wife, but I had a bit of a run in w/a cab on the way home tonite. And by run in, I mean getting rubbed into a parked car as the cabbie tried to turn Clybourn into a two-lane street w/his eyes closed. Thanks to all the snow on the street my braking became a skid, and I ended up jammed against the parked car and the cab. There was actually more damage to the parked suv than me; frankenbike took the brunt of the collision as it got wedged between the two cars. Somehow none of me got wedged between the bike or either car. I was so surprised I wasn't hurt I barely managed to tell the cabbie to be more careful in the future. Whew! With more snow in the forecast and below zero temps coming, I think this might be a good time to take a break from the bike commute for a couple of days.

Current beer-scale: a shaken 8.9

No comments: