12/29/10

Like it never happened.

Almost getting run over or not, I'm not about to stop riding. And with gas prices getting out of control in Chicago right now, I can feel pretty good about that decision. Via bikecommuter's gas savings calculator:
Your daily gas savings is $8.16 dollars and lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere
Your weekly gas savings would be $40.79 dollars and 226.88 lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere
Your monthly gas savings would be $163.17 dollars and 907.50 lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere
Your yearly gas savings would be $2,121.17 dollars and 11,797.50 lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere.
Granted I wasn't commuting all year this year and this is based on the exorbitant gas prices I've seen since the holiday, but I got in a good 5+ months once I got rolling. Depending on how motivated I am to hop on the trainer before new years, my mileage count should look pretty good by Saturday evening. I wonder if I could talk the wife into getting yet another bike by showing her that yearly gas savings number...

Probably not.

Current beer-scale: 7.1

No comments: