11/5/10

Piece of cake

Wet, windy cake.


Not the best conditions but just about anything would be better than the ride home last night. Crawling into a nasty headwind, if I had stopped pedaling I would have been blown backwards. At least the sun was out this morning. It looked nice.

Yesterday I was in a hurry to get home after getting a text from the wife saying she was giving up on the train and walking home, so the wind was a bit of an obstacle. But I've been in worse situations and had to slog through worse conditions so it really wasn't too bad. Until it started to rain. And hail. That sucked. Plus there was the dead battery in the car to deal with once I got home. We managed to eventually get the car started though, so there were positives.

Tonite I get to take a night ride since I'm staying late to make sure some meetings that are on the schedule actually happen. So it will be a long day, but if the car's still running there might be some Papa Johns in my future. Papa Johns, no ND, Bears-Bills. I can make it. I know I can. Just look at that sun.


Current beer-scale: 6.7

No comments: