9/14/10

Maybe I should learn not to take some idiot's every single action as a personal affront. Or maybe I was just tired this morning and spoiling for a fight. Or maybe I was on edge after having to ride around every mouth-breathing cunt driving through the neighborhood on the way in. Or maybe I should just accept the fact that no matter how someone is getting to work, everyone is out for themselves and no one gives a shit about anyone else who happens to be sharing their space in the universe.

So yeah, I'm aggravated this morning. Couldn't sleep b/c allergies were hitting me in the sinuses all night. Had to go around some douche-baggery multiples times headed down Fullerton, especially at Lincoln and again at Clark with people not realizing they probably shouldn't be going through the intersection when they have a red light. Got cut off by someone too impatient to walk their bike under lakeshore drive, only to have to wait for them to carry their bike up the steps, and then have them cut me off again after I started west on Chicago on the street and they started on the sidewalk and cut down a driveway ramp. That last one nearly had me swinging at the guy as I passed him. For the third time.

Traffic's been really bad so far this week and I don't know why. But when it gets like this, it gets out of control b/c every asshole waiting in traffic decides they're not waiting for another light and goes through, causing any on-coming traffic to get pissed, which only fucks things up more. And not just car traffic either, as evidenced by the previously mentioned doofus. It all boils down to manners. No one has them, and everyone's in such a fucking hurry. So I go home and drink beer, so I can get up the next day and do it all again. Yippee.

Current beer-scale: 9.3

No comments: