9/8/09

woof

Think I pushed it a little too hard this weekend, with Bears, Irish, White Sox and drinking, drinking, drinking. Oh well. What else is Labor Day good for.Bears game was the only one we didn't have tickets in hand for showing up, but considering it was the last pre-season game and the starters would probably play all of one series, we didn't think it would be too hard to find tix. And it wasn't--we didn't even go scalpers for them, we went up to the box office on the south side of Soldier and got right in. Decent seats too.I had to take a shot of Walter on the way out to go drink more.
So that was our Thursday night. Saturday was South Bend and the 35-0 home opener win over Nevada. Afterwards it was drinking and cigars until the mosquitoes ate us into oblivion. It turns out a buddy of ours that got laid off last August showed up, still laid off and kinda enjoying it at this point. This was on top of hearing about one more guy getting laid off from the ND athletic department--we're gonna have to make up jackets or something.

I'm blaming my current state on the cigar. Labor Day is usually pretty hard on my allergies; a ride out to the boonies of Indiana plus a rubusto really wrecked me for the rest of the weekend. Oh well. It's a short week and I can stuff myself to the gills with medication until Thursday. So much for interviewing this week. Fun.

Current beer-scale: 8.1

ETA: There's something really awful about riding home in 70 degree weather and getting home soaked with sweat. Unpleasant.

No comments: