8/11/09

coincidence vs trending

Twice in three days, someone's come down a one-way street by the new place the wrong way. Two different people too, b/c they both had very different reactions to my slowing down on the bike to stare at them. One flicked me off and called me a douchebag, one kept driving like he didn't even see me. And he probably didn't. I've had a good run of city-cycling lately, while not really enjoying the shorter commute it's easy enough to stretch for longer rides. It never hurts to have a reminder that people are jerks though.

What's easier, going around the block or seeing a one-way and still turning the wrong way into it anyway? Which is easier, making three lefts or pulling a bitch in the middle of a busy intersection? Which is more important, you getting through a light when you're already late for the cubs game, or not running over pedestrians at the crosswalk? It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out.
Current beer-scale: 8.7

No comments: