6/5/09

Superstar helmet in hand, I set out to make the rounds this afternoon to see if I could scrounge up some participation prizes for the office's BTW week group. I already had a Friday off where temps were allegedly hitting 80 that I was just going to get all restless on again, so why not make the most of it and get some good done.

With the dog tired out from our usual trip to the beach, I thought out part of the route between the 6 stops I wanted to make and hit the road.
Within a block, I came across my first shirtless rider of the year. Actually, I don't know what's more impressive; that it took until June 5th to see this, or that I saw it with temperatures only in the high 70's at that point.
My first two stops were in Old Town and not the easiest shops to get back and forth to, if only b/c I didn't think out that part of the day as much as I thought I did and ended up taking a few more turns than I expected. I did find myself by the Noble Fool theatre though and their horse yard, which always makes me do a double-take from the brown line. This time I double-taked (double-took?) right off the road, and hopped up to pet one of the horses by the fence. Even when begging for donations, there's always time to pet a horse.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. The word 'epic' seems to come up now and then--this was pretty far from that. Fun, hopefully productive, but pretty far from epic. It was probably about 10+ miles however, which makes me feel better about the 3+ mojitos I'm having at dinner tonite. Yee-ha.
Current beer-scale: 8.1

No comments: