5/11/09

Not having the best bike luck lately, I was a bit hesitant stepping off the curb this morning with the long-awaited rubino pro's on. Honestly, Sheldon Brown himself (may he rest in peace) could have put them on and I still would have been leeery about hitting the road. I'm an old hand at tire changes by now, but really didn't want to have to switch a tube again any time in the near future. So I started off slow. Went gentle over some of the potholes just outside. That lasted about a block, b/c by then I felt good enough to forget about being nervous and speed things up a little.
Unfortunately, the turd lived up to her nickname this morning and kept me out too long on our walk. So it was only the direct route in this morning. I'll have to stretch things tonite and see how the bike feels over a bunch of rough lakefront path. Fantastic.

Current beer-scale: 4.8

No comments: