4/16/09

The wife and I were passed last night out with the dog by a lady on her bike, with a six of stella in her front basket. This made me smile, but what really made me laugh was the wife suggesting I should start doing all our grocery shopping like that. I readily agreed, but only on the condition of getting a new bike to equip with the proper baskets or paniers. Maybe even a baskfiet or cargo bike that I could pile all kinds of crap in, and get the dog to the beach in.

In all honesty, the only reason I agreed so quickly is that kind of purchasing is well out of our reach these days, and there's no way I'm outfitting the raleigh with that kind of equipment. I'd shop by bike in a heartbeat though with the right carrying capacity. The bike part is no problem, it's the grocery shopping part I can't stand.

Current beer-scale: 6.1 and rising

No comments: