4/6/09

It sucks to be right

All in all, yesterday's commute wasn't terrible. Windy in the morning, rain/sleet in the evening, but just awful enough to be funny. What sleet there was was falling awfully hard, which was a nice contrast to earlier in the day. When the sun was out at about 11:30, I was foolishly optimisic the snow wouldn't come. Oh well. Sucks to be wrong sometimes.

Didn't have such a good feeling about this morning getting up. The snow might not have stuck everywhere, but it took way more effort than it should have to get out of bed. Popped a dayquil, crossed my fingers. Took the dog out and slogged through the April crap covering the neighborhood. Layered up and hopped on the bike.

I've been putting off replacing the pedals on my (relatively) new bike for a while now. The plastic around one cracked at the end of last summer, and I've been looking for new platforms to put on but haven't really made it a priority. So this is the morning it breaks all the way through and nearly dumps me onto clark.

Not a huge break, but enough to give me the feeling I was going to spend the day wishing I was back in bed. Joy.

Ah, whatever. Chuck's on tonite, I'll talk the wife into stopping with the dog to get some beer, it'll be alright by the time the day ends. Good times.

Current beer-scale: 8.1


No comments: