3/8/09

Ever have one of those days where you just can't turn your brain off? I had one of those last night. It feels like I had barely managed to doze-off just as I woke up thinking about this next week at work and what I have going on. That was at 4 AM, and the only good thing about springing forward last night was that it meant I had one less hour to lay there awake trying to get back to sleep before I had to get up. I tried thinking about the ocean. Sex. Bike rides. The dog beach. Nothing worked.

So I got up. And sitting in the back bedroom getting ready, with only the room reflecting back at me in the dark outside the windows, I felt about as far away from spring and rested and ready to start a day as possible. That's spring forward for you. 3 hours later and I'm just barely starting to feel human again after a damp ride in and two coffees.

I guess I should just be glad I made it in this ride. Beyond being surprised again at how smooth Frankenbike can ride if the stars align and a tube fits, is inflated properly, and the roads are relatively clear, when I picked the bike up to carry it into my office the rear wheel fell out of the drops. Whoops. Guess I hadn't put it back on as tight as I thought I had.

What the hell, I made it in.

Now I can't wait to turn around and head home.

Current beer-scale: 6.4

No comments: