2/24/09

I got passed yesterday, and even a day later I'm having difficulty letting go. It was the first time I'd seen anyone else during my ride in a few weeks, and the fact that it was someone zipping by w/o a word and running lights rubbed me the wrong way.

A huge part of it was probably just that I got passed at all, that I was open-mouth panting away on Frankenbike while someone flew by on a clean looking track bike. I know better than to blame the bike vs the biker on something like that, but that won't help me cope. Still, I'm surprised as hell that Frankenbike has even made it this late. It's running a lot better lately and I'm hopeful that easier weather and smoother biking is around the corner. In any event, going from a 52/18 gearing to something a little smaller will make spring biking at least feel a little easier.

I didn't get as much biking in this month as I would have liked to. There were reasons each time, but that feels like a shortcut sometimes. Being out of town is a pretty good reason though, and maybe I'll rent a bike in San Diego. Whatever we end up doing I'll be happy just to be doing it somewhere warmer. Stay classy indeed.

Current (west-coast) beer-scale: 8.9. Full Sail and Longboards ahoy!

No comments: