2/10/09

50 degrees this morning and I'm taking a break. Remarkably, I didn't see any bikes out once I was in the car.

Just a little longer, I keep telling myself. In a few weeks, the muck will be gone and I'll be able to take the rush hour out again. Frankenbike is nearly there, which is usually about when the bottom falls out from under him. One last test, to see why I wasn't getting any drive from the chain at the end of my last ride. Was the freewheel too cold and just spinning with the chain instead of the wheel (could be)? Is the set up as a single speed w/the whole cog still on too tight to work reliably for more than a ride or two (probably)? Do I care enough to switch back to the wheel w/an actuall single speed cog on that I took a look at over the weekend, or do I just ride it out for another few weeks? At this point I don't really care. I just needed a break this week.

If I can make it to Friday and pick up a few spare tubes for the spring, I'll figure something out. In the meantime, let's get a little warmer.

Current beer-scale: 7.7

No comments: