12/16/08

What a glorious day to bike commute. And I'm actually being kind of serious. The cold makes everything seem clearer on days like this. I was hyper-aware of my breathing, the noises the tires were making, the sound coming from my bottom bracket as it groaned about having to start from a full stop again. Through it all, my head was laughing at how much pain the rest of me was in. Singing christmas carols, even.Not the most pleasant day to get clear on though. The salt on the roads blurred into a gray that matches the sky as we get ready for more snow this afternoon. Even if the colors sucked I was happy to have the salt down. Once I had safely made it to the corner where it's time to walk the bike into the office I felt like laughing hysterically; I had beaten the odds and made it in on a bike one more time. I'd have to be insane to keep biking in this so it's a good thing I feel like I'm going a little nuts these days.

ETA: Ah, there's that snow we're expecting. I hate this time of year.


Current beer-scale: 2.1 after a handful at the department party last night.

No comments: