12/17/08

There must be something wrong with me. True, I did get a perverse enjoyment out of biking home yesterday, even while fishtailing down lincoln waiting for a car to put an end to me. But I get up this morning, and any excuse I can think of, I'm biking instead of driving.

"Well, the temperature is already out of the teens..."

"If it's going to be freezing rain tomorrow I might as well bike if I can today..."

"I can stick to streets with bike lanes and should have enough room..."

I was still convincing myself as I took a few wobbly steps to push off on the bike on belmont. I was already on the bike!

What it comes down is, if I can make it through the snow last night I can make it in the next day. And it's still better than driving. Now let's just see how bad this ice storm everyone is talking about will be.

Current beer-scale: 6.6

No comments: