12/28/08

I think I'll stay inside thank you.

Ow. I got my first fall of the season in over the holiday, thankfully it wasn't on the bike. Friday was treacherously icy and it wasn't a question of 'if' but 'when.' So I've felt like an old man for the past two days b/c I apparently landed on my left shoulder, which has ached like hell ever since. But not too old to bike to work today. Gotta get back on the horse!

And I'll take days like today for the rest of winter, thank you. The bike lanes are full of all sorts of road debris and trash, but there's no ice and the sun is out so it's passable. Windy as hell to the point where I'm practically standing still at some parts, but after the last three days' worth of weather this is a picnic.

And true to form, a good bowl game from ND was enough to put me in a great mood regardless of weather, holidays, or family obligations. Here's to finishing 7-6, and to a slightly brighter spring.

Current beer-scale: 6.8

No comments: