11/2/08

Please still be rain, please still be rain...

Well, I guess you could call that a success. It's hard to feel positive about feeling so uncomfortable, but that had more to do with the environs than the bike. All the bike can do is roll, it's up to me to dress myself. And the rolling wasn't so bad. No major noises, no major hiccups. The gear-ratio might need tweaking, but that's my inner hypochondriac talking.

I think it might be time to move onto the path when winter really rolls around though. Whenever anyone asks me why I don't take the path, especially when my way home is parallel to the gravel path for almost the entire route, "b/c I have a road bike" is my standard response. But I don't think Frankenbike technically qualifies as a road bike anymore. But since there isn't a specific surface for mutated box-store road bikes w/amateurish upgrades and modifications, the gravel might have to do. Until that first snow fall though, it's back on the actual bike.

Current beer-scale: 6.6

No comments: