8/12/08

Now that was a bike ride.

With a late meeting tonite and the morning off, I had a chance to extend my commute and visit some old downtown stomping grounds before heading into the office. It always surprises me how different the path crowd is at 11 vs during the morning rush hour. It was full of tourists families on rental bikes or groups of kids out by themselves. The "HI Guy" was even out, but I didn't say hi as I passed. True, you can't be sure that the rental bikers are tourists, but it's a good bet when they actually say "thank you" to your "on your left."

The light was changing in my favor just as I was coasting over the incline at Ohio st. beach, leaving me just high enough to see the mob of people crossing that I would have had to go around on the tiny strip of sidewalk that goes over the river. The original plan was to go as far south as Jackson but the immediate flashback of squeezing through there had me calling it a morning. As much as I was enjoying the ride, that stretch of path/sidewalk caused me enough grief when I rode it every day that the thought of doing it voluntarily didn't hold any appeal. I shook my head at the memories and turned back up the hill.

If I had been thinking I would have grabbed the camera on the way out and really made a morning of the ride, or at least had something to punch this up a little bit. Not that anything really happened, but stopping every once in a while to take a pic would've kept me out of the office for just that much longer. All in all a very pleasant morning though. Consider my faith in the pleasantness of biking restored. For the time being.

Current beer-scale: 3.6

No comments: