6/5/08

Whew!

Much easier to be tired when your team ends up on the winning end. Of course they were inches away from another overtime game that would've went who knows which way but at the end of the night everything worked out. I can't quite believe that this is the first team captained by a European to win the cup, but no one's a better first than Nick Lindstrom. Great job Wings, and thanks for a fantastic season that was a blast to watch.

Speaking of blasts, I took one made of bus exhaust yesterday that I'm still coughing out. I think I reduced the 77's carbon footprint by a pound or two at least. It felt like there were chunks in it, literal chunks of carcinogens and pollutants that I had to stop and barf out before finishing my commute. Stopped on belmont, hunched over on the curb with drool and mucus dripping out my nose, I had to wonder if there was actually a point to trying to ride a bike or if I was just making as ass of myself. I did manage to keep everything off the bike though, and the rest of an uneventful ride was enough to remind me that biking doesn't have to have a point, it can just be biking. The goal at the end of the day is to just get home, and biking for me is the best way to achieve that. Still, if I could take a baseball bat to each and every bus in the entire city, I would be hard-pressed to say no.

Current beer-scale: 6.6 and rising.

No comments: