6/8/08

Well crap. That's the last time I talk about how much of a douche I am on Sunday mornings. I almost got hit twice on the way home, both times by people who sped up to turn directly in front of me instead of pausing for a second for me to get by. The first guy practically plowed me into the garage door of his condo in his haste to get into his driveway. No signal, no brakes, just next to me and then trying to turn right directly in front of me. Fan-fucking-tastic. I'd say it was about 3 inches between my front tire and his right rear door before I braked and turned into his driveway with him, where I could suggest he might have an easier time seeing with his head out of his ass.

Fortunately, the adrenaline rush from almost getting killed made the next guy trying to turn left onto clark from the other direction easier to take. That guy just got a shout to make sure he noticed me flipping him off as I slammed on the brakes again. In both cases, if I had been driving there would have been major, major accidents. But since I was on a bike I was inconsequential enough to ignore as people went about their business.

So if you noticed someone biking west on belmont on Sunday afternoon, shaking his head and cursing even more than usual, now you know why.

Current beer-scale: 9.4

No comments: