6/25/08

I love riding in the rain. As long as it's warm enough, there isn't a rain that really bothers me too much to ride. My bike's crap anyway, so it's not like it's doing any significant damage. It's even more fun sometimes to see rain clouds coming and try to race them home, but if the rain's already started it's almost as good. My favorite ride ever was one from downtown last spring. Clouds were forming over the lake and as soon as I left the office it started to thunder. Racing down the path by Oak Street beach, lightning was flashing. The rain started by the time I hit Fullerton, but that frantic race down the path was a blast. Nothing quite that exciting this morning, but still a good summer morning ride.

The apartment search is on hold, which is good b/c the bike test-riding can resume. In the end, it sounds a little easier to stay and put up with loud neighbors than spend the next month packing with our fingers crossed that we can find a suitable place in time. Plus, I didn't want to buy another bike just to have it add to the things we had to move. Now that we're not, maybe I can pick something up if I like the ride in the next few weeks.

Woo hoo.

Current beer-scale: 7.4

No comments: