4/24/08

hockey night

Red Wings/Avs tonite in the semis; it feels almost like 2002 all over again. Of course, back then things were a little different. I was just figuring out what a waste of time grad school was, trying to get my Masters off the ground and having a lot of motivational trouble due to living on my own for my first full summer in Chicago. I had been dating my future wife for about 6 months but she was temporarily in the suburbs so we were weekends-only, which meant Sundays were filled with either agonizing rides back into the city or horrible dinners in my apartment with this black cloud of "we're not going to see each other for another five days" hanging over them. Basically what I'm saying is win or lose for the wings, I'd rather be now than then. I have a feeling Darren McCarty feels the same way. Go #25!

No comments: