9/3/14

thank god for football

So how to survive another case of summer ending...

I picked up after Labor Day fitting two interviews in for jobs I wasn't too interested in but was happy to set up after a long dry spell.  I have a good feeling about at least getting an offer from UChicago, although I'm not sure I want to head down there every day and I don't think the salary will be where I need it to be.

The same could be said about the salary at the WTTW job, and that's potentially only a two year contract with part of the job being working to secure additional funding.  But Sen. Durbin was in the lobby as I was leaving, and I took the chance to say hello and shake his hand.  It made for a slightly more interesting interview story than usual when I got home.

Ah, home.  Where I'd much rather be right now.  Taking yesterday off meant I was home for 5 glorious days over the weekend, putting up closets and taking care of kids.  It was fantastic.  Now all I have to do is hang on until the NFL opens tomorrow night and keep my fingers crossed that Michigan goes down in flames on Saturday.

Current beer-scale: 9.1

No comments: